Our department was officially organized on October 25th, 1954 when 28 members of the community met and drafted our bylaws. The bylaws were filed with the state of NC on November 13th, 1954.
Since that time, the bylaws have been amended by a community-wide vote on the following dates:
February 25th, 1986
July 17th, 1989
February 2nd, 2008
January 16th, 2010